In 1923, Albrecht Schnizler constructed the first hand-held drill. The name Metabo is derived from this metal drill. Today, the company with tradition employs 2,000 persons, 1,200 of which in Nürtingen, Germany. 25 subsidiaries and more than 100 agencies ensure that Metabo's premium solutions can be found in almost all countries.
Apart from mains-powered and compressed air solutions, we continuously focus on the vision of a cordless construction site and are leaders in the battery pack technology in order to offer more freedom with the highest possible power to professionals. Metabo holds more than 700 patents and property rights. The Swabian supplier of robust, powerful and ergonomic professional solutions develops and produces for users in construction and renovation and metal trade and industry.
• Day after day, Metabo products prove their efficiency in professional use - in the hardest of conditions - worldwide.
• Where professionals give their best, they have to be able to rely 100% on a partner, even more: They have to trust that partner.
• Therefore "when it matters" is the core thought of our new international brand appearance, which shows the use of our tools on construction sites all over the world - authentic, illustrative, genuine.
• The appearance supports this with a powerful and brand-specific delivery.
• The milestones in Metabo's history show our origins and our commitment to engineering ingenuity "Made in Germany". Our name has always stood for high-grade quality products from professionals for professionals.
• From Nürtingen we are active across the entire world, thus combining the dynamics of a mid-sized company with the cosmopolitanism of a global player.
• We are mobile, target-oriented and flexible, with the courage to question things that have been successful in the past. Thus we are always prepared to embark on new paths. Innovative strength and short development periods (platform strategy, rapid prototyping etc.) are the basis for powerful systematic product solutions.